Monday, March 16, 2015

DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA-WHAT MY MISSION TAUGHT ME




 We had a baptism this week with this little cutie.  We did her hair extra special for her.


 DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA.  THE TRUTH IS I'LL NEVER REALLY LEAVE YOU.

Before my mission I took a Book of Mormon class at BYU. One day we were studying in 3 Nephi 17 and verse 7 was literally jumping out of the page at me. It was screaming out to my mind! 
¨¨Have ye any that are sick among you? Bring them hither. Have ye any that are lame, or blind, or halt, or maimed, or leprous, or that are withered. or that are deaf, of that afflicted in any manner? Bring them hither and I WILL HEAL THEM, for I have compassion upon you; my bowels are filled with mercy.¨¨
My little 19 year old heart was SO EXCITED to come to Argentina and find these sick and hurting people. I think in my head I was really picturing literal SICK people who had all these physical problems. You know, starving, weak and so sick ;) But little did I know that our sweet Heavenly Father gave me an entire 18 months in Argentina to really understand what Jesus really meant when he said to bring all these people to him. And guess what? The answer is so profound and so simple. I think what Jesus was trying to say was that we are all suffering from some form of sickness. :) But he gives us a promise: If we come unto him.. HE WILL HEAL US.
 Isn't that the best offer? As a missionary Ive had so many experiences that have brought me right to my knees and every time the personal feeling of  Jesus came to me and made something beautiful out of my pain and trials. THAT IS HEALING. I came to the mission thinking that I would be able to help bring OTHER people for Jesus to heal,

But the most beautiful, most rewarding feeling to know is that JESUS HEALED HERMANA TERRY as well. He healed that little girl with her crazy nervous anxiety and self doubts, he healed that girl with all kinds of different brokeness and weakness and SHE WILL FOREVER BE CHANGED.


THROUGHOUT MY WHOLE MISSION IVE SEEN THE POWER that God has in our lives. I love the scripture in

 John 14:18: I will not leave you comfortless, I will come to you. 

 HE WILL ALWAYS COME TO US AND HE IS THE ONE THAT INFLUENCES US TO CHANGE. IT IS HIS UNCONDITIONAL LOVE AND MERCY THAT CAPTURES OUR HEARTS and when we SEE HIS HAND in our lives we will forever be changed. THIS IS THE MEANING THAT IS PURPOSED UPON THE WHOLE EARTH! THAT HIS HAND IS STRETCHED OUT UPON ALL NATIONS! I testify that Gods beloved son, Jesus Christ IS OUR SAVIOR OF THE WORLD AND OUR BEST FRIEND. 

HE HAS WALKED WITH ME FROM THE DIRT ROADS OF LIMA ZARATE TO THE BUSY STREETS OF BUENOS AIRES, HE´S GIVEN ME THE ENERGY TO KEEP GOING IN THE HOT PROVINCIAS OF ARGENTINA AND HES HELD MY HAND AND SURROUNDED ME WITH ANGELS IN THE DARK NIGHTS OF LA BOCA. HES THE VOICE THAT WHISPERS TO ME EVERY DAY,  I LOVE YOU MARIE. HES THE ONE WHO LED ME TO ANALIA,  WANDA, LUDMILA, FACUNDO, DAMIAN, JUAN, ERICA, ANTONIO, EDWIN, BRUNO, NORBERTO, JULIO AND BRISA. Hes the one who prepared me in the premortal life AND this life to come to Argentina and fulfill his purpose: TO HEAL AND TO BE HEALED.



I TESTIFY THAT HIS LOVE LIVES IN EVERY INCH OF THE WORLD, BUT MAYBE MOST IN ARGENTINA. IVE SEEN IT FOR 18 MONTHS. I just wanna end by saying, DONT CRY FOR ME ARGENTINA!! Nah chiste:) I truly love my Argentine friends. Les amo con todo mi corazon. Theyve left a huge impact on my life. Estoy tan agradecida por los miembros y por mis compañeras. Siento un amor gigante por mis conversos. :) 



I know God gives us missions to find only 1 convert and this is ourselves. I know for a fact that this mission will help me throughout my whole life. When I am a mother and have 12 kids.. I hope I can weave my moments in THIS MISSION of  Argentina into their lives and they will be influenced to COME UNTO CHRIST. All of the success on my mission will depend on how I can teach my own posterity about it and who they become as a result. :) I have given it my all in Argentina. Nos vemos. :)

I received a quote at the beginning of my mission.  It has guided my every day.  I hit the Argentine floor with two feet running.  And to the best of my abilities, I have run as fast and as hard as I can for eighteen months.  It has been the BEST RUN OF MY LIFE!



 If any of MY YOUNGER FRIENDS are thinking about serving a mission, I INVITE you to get down on your knees and have a chat with God and I promise you, you will receive an answer. :) Have the courage to honor the answer you get.


Scripture: Galatians 2:26:

Christ liveth in me: AND THE LIFE WHICH I NOW LIVE IN THE FLESH I LIVE BY THE FAITH OF THE SON OF GOD, who loved me and gave himself for me.¨¨


Always remember, no matter what your mission of  the moment is, if your tired, discouraged, or just out of hope, stand up, brush yourself off and CARRY ON CARRY ON CARRY ON!!!!!!!! 

p.s. If you ever wonder if you can take the magic of the mission home with you, have a listen to this song. Someone shared it with me and Ive been  bawling all week. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbtqBnUT8f0






2 comments:

  1. Remarkable and so full of love and hope...well done though good and faithful servant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have been such a kind supportive follower of my daughter Sister Lee. It has meant so much to me. Thank you for your generous love over the years. You are a good missionary to so many.

      Delete