Monday, February 23, 2015

THE FAT LADY HAS NOT SUNG YET!!!!!!


My dear, beloved family:)

WOW. WHY did this week go by so fast? I dont understand why time is flying now when I need every last precious second! 
OK.. well we are seeing sooo many miracles in our area. Hermana Espinosa always says: 
¨THE MISSION IS ALL ABOUT RECOGNIZING THE MIRACLES THAT GOD PUTS IN OUR EVERY DAY LIVES.¨
 The little miracles that lead us to finding the escogidos and its what I call. FINDING GRACE. ONE DAY this morning I woke up with the words sooo clear in my mind: WHERE THE IS LOVE YOU WILL HAVE MIRACLES. I realized right then that I needed to be grateful for everything that God has blessed us with and reaallllyyyy try to focus on our beloved investigators. My only job for the next couple of weeks is to help people feel the Saviors love.  Cause isnt that how we are converted? Its that BIG SMACK OF LOVE that God gives to us and we get that sinking feeling in our hearts when we finally realize.. WOW. WE HAVE A GOD OF PERFECT PIERCING HEALING LOVE. HES BEEN THERE WITH ME THE WHOLE TIME!! I JUST NEEDED TO OPEN MY EYES AND REALIZE IT!! And then through his generous loving grace he allows us to grow and allows us to make decisions that lead us up to baptism.
 
 Id like to give a big shoutout to our three almost 4 investigadores that our progresando.
 
 Jose- peruvian capo that is a married dad to 4 kids. Ive never met anyone SO interested in the Book of Mormon!! MIRACLE NUMBER 1! JOSE IS SO OBSESSED WITH THE BOOK OF MORMON!! and now theres.......
 
 Lautaro and Brisa- they are two kids from a family that we are working on. HERMANA TERRY DID YOU JUST SAY FAMILY?!! YES I DID. A single mom with four kids. The mom and her other kids all felt sick Sunday when we passed for them.. BUT GUESS WHAT. LAUTARO WHO IS 15 AND WHO DRINKS AND SMOKES AND BASICALLY LIVES EN LA CALLE CAME TO CHURCH. MIRACLE NUMBER 2!!
 
 And our lovely miracle NUMBER 3 named Gabriel.  Theres something that keeps giving us this faith and love to keep going with him. He is our miracle because he finally opened up the Book of Mormon and READ. But read like 5 chapters!! Hes gonna be an amazing convert.
 
ITS AMAZING WHAT LOVE CAN DO. LOVE BRINGS MIRACLES. LOVE CHANGES EVERYTHING. JUST TAKE MY WORD FOR IT BELOVED FAMILY.  YOU DONT HAVE TO SERVE A FULL TIME MISSION  TO ARGENTINA TO KNOW WHAT I KNOW.  LOVE CHANGES ANY AND EVERYTHING.
 
So I realize I am slowly ripping out my heart for the next month as I prepare to leave my beloved Argentina.  I am going to sing at the top of my lungs "Dont cry for me Argentina" as I go to the airport.  Im typing out the poem mom wrote for me to remember at the end of my mission.  Its my heart savoring every last day.

Walk a little more slowly, as you take your final walks
Tape record conversations in your mind, as you have your final talks,
Close your eyes when the wind hits your hair
and remember the smells and the feel of the air.
Pray for your friends, and speak love unrestrained
As much as youve given, theres much more youve gained
You saw Gods children, you know the truth about grace,
you saw it in every Argentine, and when the sun kissed your face.

Dont cry for me Argentina, the truth is I'll never leave you
All through these teaching days, this mission experience
Gods kept his promise, theres been no distance.
Dont cry for me Argentina, the truth is Ill never leave you
Ill leave my heart in the sun, Ill leave my song in the air, and you will feel me
And feel that God cares.......Argentina, I wont leave you.  My hearts stays with you.

alright here i go with my in love list:
i love hermana dafne espinosa with all of my heart.
 i love la boca.
 i love the members that make me stop breathing from laughing so hard.
 i love pure arentines that have the most amazing beautiful accent.
 i love talking like a porteƱa.
 i actually love eating pasta and bread every day although not the best diet
. I love waking up in the morning and hearing the busy taxis and collectivos in the city.
 i love milenaesa. i love facturas.
 i love being able to go to church and seeing all these faces that i knew in the premortal life.
 i love that as im writing this  God put Isnt she lovely on the radio in the kiosco.
 I love the little messages God sends me. 
I love running home to our pension to be home by 9 punto.
 I love being obedient.
 I love listening to our investigadores.
 i love looking at the big famous city of buenos aires and see so many people and then pass by a window and see in the reflection that i have a placa on that says: HERMANA TERRY: LA IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO DE LOS SANTOS DE LOS ULTIMOS DIAS.
 I love realizing that even though we have a million people who live here.. and even though Im a litte girl who only has 20 years old.. THAT I GOTTA BIG TESTIMONY OF JESUS CHRIST AND THEYHAVE HEARD ME ROAR AND I HAVE GIVEN MY HEART TO THESE PEOPLE.
 
 I LOVE YOUR ARGENTINA. Be ready for these next few weeks.. HERMANA TERRY IS NOT DONE YET PEEPS. :)
IT IS NOT OVER TILL THE FAT LADY SINGS AND SHES NOT SINGING TILL MARCH 25TH!
love, hermana terryble:)

THERE CAN BE MIRACLES WHEN YOU BELIEVE:)
CARRY ON CARRY ON CARRY ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment